The Franciscan Crown – The Rosary of the Seven Joys of Mary
In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
1) The Annunciation (Luke 1:30-31)
2) The Visitation (Luke 1:41-42)
3) The Birth of Jesus (Luke 2:7)
4) The Adoration of Baby Jesus (Matthew 2:11)
5) The finding of Jesus in Jerusalem (Luke 2:46-49)
6) The Risen Jesus appears to his mother (Acts 2:4)
7) The Blessed Virgin Mary is Assumed into Heaven and Crowned Queen of the Universe (Revelation 12:1)
Our Father…x1; Hail Mary…x10; Glory be…x1 (after each Mystery)
Two additional Hail Mary are recited in order to bring their total number to 72, in honour of the 72 years of life of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
For the intentions of the Holy Father and the needs of the Church;
Our Father… Hail Mary… Glory be…
Hail Holy Queen – Salve Regina
Rosarium Virginis Mariae
John Paul II gave us this splendid text on the Rosary in 2002. He reminds us that the Rosary can be used as a form of Contemplative Prayer or Meditation.